Friday, May 2, 2008

Integration of blog and TGM in CCIL

I would LOVE to integrate the blog more with TGM. Would folks who present on the floor be willing to write up their presentations as blog posts?

BTW, the Word Press software interface has been VERY finicky as to format and input, but it is getting better and better with each new iteration. I mention this because I have been acting as the conduit to the blog mainly because a misplaced code or wrongly formatted picture and throw off the format of the whole blog! Right now the easiest way to get the material onto the blog is by sending a post (text and still and video assets) to me.

4 comments:

dave said...

What we have been doing for TGM is to just find articles online and reiterate what the article says to the students. Theres a lack of interesting material during winter months. We were discussing talking to the scientists about presenting on the floor and leaving us with content that we could keep presenting to students. This content would also be more appropriate for blog postings, as it would be relevent to current science going on at GMRI.

dave said...

I can also make a blog posting about the whale watch trip that I went on with Carole (from The Coastal Studies center on the Cape). I have quite a few photos that would be great to share.

Meredyth

sciencetranslator said...

Please do. Thanks, Meredyth!

sciencetranslator said...

Meredyth's fine post is now up on the blog. Thanks for the quick turn around!